Friday, November 23, 2018

So, I Wonder

I don't know really how to start this blog off.  I seriously do not and to be honest I do not know if I want replies or not.

It is the so-called " holiday season" from now until Jan. 1.

And during this time, many of us it gets to be a period of serious reflection.

I often wonder.

At most of the meals, gathering within the family, I am asked to say the blessing over the food. Now I do not mind doing it. I keep it short on purpose. There is nothing worse than a Baptist deacon prayer. Literally doing what Jesus told us NOT to do. Pray to impress others.

The problem is this, I often do not feel "worthy."

I sin, and as Martin Luther once said, " I often sin boldly." 

Don't get me wrong, I feel "honored" when I am asked. I sometimes wonder if I am asked because they know I will "keep it short" and not kill us waiting around to eat.

Likewise there are people who I talk to from time to time who have more problems than you ever dreamed of.

You just THINK you got problems. 

As my Uncle George would put it. " Got more problems than a run over dog." 

And I know I took pastoral counseling in divinity school, but you know, I often worry than I am not doing or saying the right thing. 

Once again, it is that worthiness.

Anyway, just reflecting this morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...