Monday, November 26, 2018

Them Decisions.....Them Decisions.....

My late Father would often say when their were difficult choices...." Them decisions.....Them decisions...."

And Dad was right.

I was reading on Facebook about a couple and their looking at visiting Central Europe on their next trip.

We've got the same thing going on....

I know my family is looking at doing a cruise to Alaska..

And I am not too keen on going for several reasons.

1. We've been to Alaska, and my Dad passed away while we were there. I am just a little gun shy about wanting to going back.

2. I don't care that much about being on a cruise.

3. My family is going.

I am looking hard at Wales and Southwest England....Devon, Cornwall, Dorset......But I am not totally sold....Maybe Wales and do a "Pilgrimage to Canterbury?"( About like driving from here to San Antonio...or for us to drive to the Farm....so, not really nuthin')

I got to looking last night at North Scotland, Inverness, Aberdeen, and the Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, but that trip is harder than you realize. Especially going to the Shetlands. But I looked hard....

We also are looking at Iceland for a week....then fly to Norway......But my wife want to go during the Northern Lights....Which means winter......And to go wherever in Iceland we would need to rent a Jeep.

Now I can drive a Jeep....But as a friend of mine I hunted with as a youth said, " 4-wheel drive means you get stuck in an even more inaccessible place." 

I do know one thing, the next trip won't be across the Pacific......almost 19-20 hrs on a plane from Houston to Asia is a long damn time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...