Friday, November 30, 2018

While Your Minds Are Exploding

I had a couple of people's minds blow up last evening over my blog on the vaccination of children.

Well, while I am upsetting folks, I may as well go on and upset some more.

I read a story about an airline flight agent who made fun of a girl's name, and how upset the mother was.....

This is why I generally called people by their last names. And I knew it was time to retire my last year when I could no longer say one of my student's last name.

I know you are proud of you child.

I know you want to your child to be distinct.

But don't give your child a name that will trail them the remainder of their lives.

Don't name your kid " Kerry." I would use my damn initials, but they are K.D. and sound too much like "Katy."

I often wonder if we messed up with the spelling of "Reid's" name and should have spelled it " Reed." ( Ever the Anglo-Irish-Scottish fan, "Reid" is Scottish-Gaelic for "red." )

But think about what you are naming your children. At some people they are going to be 45 years old with a name people can't spell...nor pronounce.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...