Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Year Ago

What a difference a year makes. Seriously.

I am so glad that Miss Debbie( What my dad called my wife) and I visited Northern Ireland last Easter, 2018. ( Come to think of it, a couple of you who know my wife call her that...)

There have been riots in Derry. ( It is called Derry by the Irish Republicans and Londonderry by the British Loyalists)

It is a place where the Catholic vs. Protestant feelings still hold strong.

Folks being serious hurt and a journalist killed yesterday. 

And to think, we got out and walked around in "Free Derry" a year ago.

You knew then, from the graffiti, the feelings, the place could "boil over" in a heartbeat.

Once again, what a difference a year makes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...