Monday, June 17, 2019

Jasper County-Follow-Up

Thank you for letting me know about your new valuations. I had a number of people who would not post in the comments the amount their property increased, but sent me private messages concerning the "new" amount.


I also was amazed that you can look-up any property, taxes, valuation in the county.( Jasper County)

Orange County has the same type website and I was amazed to discover our property here in Lemonville was "worth more" than homes I know that are larger, have more out-buildings, land and are newer than ours, but are worth less.

This got me looking, but it seems to me this is a normal thing in other counties besides Orange.

What makes the value worth more?

A school district that is perceived as "better."

So, something to consider when buying a home, even if you do not have children.

I guess I have known this all along....but did not know even take it into consideration for appraisals. And I don't know why, I did not.

( Also I found out this morning that "Harvey" and its damage to property was an added factor....And the house at the Compound didn't get flooded.....)

That said, I was speaking to another older "gentleman" this weekend and he was like me, if Chevron builds in Orange, we may see it as a chance to sell out and " Get the Hell outta here...."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...