Thursday, April 9, 2020

"I'd Rather Die"

I am probably going to step on some toes,  upset some of your " sacred cows " this morning.

I am minding my own business and I read an article in which a pastor out of Baton Rouge in which he saying that " His parishioners had rather die than not go to church."

Okay, go to church.

But if you get sick, don't take up beds that people are being responsible wind up filling.

He then in reference to churches that are streaming services and are using things such as Zoom..."If it worked then why would America spends billions and billions of dollars on churches."

" Billions and billions of dollars."

I think we may have found the root of why we are holding services.

This church and have to attend church business is scary. People care more about the experience of church, the social aspect, the music, than they actually do the Divine.

You know it is like the local minister who said that " To be in good with Jesus, you have to attend church."

Uh, no.....

And when I read something like that, I have to ask, where do you get your paycheck from? The church?

This whole got to go to church right now reminds me of this- Matthew 4: 5-7: "Then the devil took Jesus up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ” Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...