Sunday, September 26, 2021

Once again, I Appreciate Buna Folks More and More

 Now don't get the "Big Head" you're not perfect......But compared to others, well, you're just good people. 

Had a second marriage to officiate in West Orange yesterday after the one I did in Jasper. 

Just a little late and in truth, I knew the bride would not be ready, and well, she was not. 

And when I looked at the license, well, it still needed time before it was legal. 

In Texas, a license has to be 72 hour old, and well, they got it at the last minute before the Clerk's Office closed on that day for a Saturday marriage. 

And they got upset because I would not "fudge" on the wedding. 

No, in this day and age, I did not want someone years from now and say, because of the time, we were not legally married. Or we need an annulment because the license's time was ridged. And we did not follow the time.

I did not want this to come back on me.

So we waited until it was legal. 

I give this West Orange/Bridge City marriage 3 years. 

Mainly due to the mother's. Neither liked their new in-laws. Both sniped at each other. Both were upset about whatever, the flowers, the cake( Which looked wonderful), the uncle who was barbecuing. 

I wore a pair of chino slacks and a dress shirt of Bonnie and Sean's wedding and felt overdressed, but I knew I needed to be a little better dressed for the later West Orange affair. Put on a khaki colored sports coat and silver/blue rep tie for West Orange...and of course one of the moms did not like it.

And one of the groomsmen flat told me " I'm supposed to pay you, but I am not, because we had to wait. "  

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Yes, I signed the license, and mailed it.....I really feel sorry for the kids who got married.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...