Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Buna ISD....I've About " Give Up" on You....

 So, in what can only be called an act of Machiavellianism, there was so change in the leadership of the Buna ISD School Board of Trustees. 

Accusation of racism against a man I have known for close to 25 years.....I've never seen any racism of any sort in him.

It seems that when we now want to win any sort of fight in this country, we scream racism. We yell it so much now is used to win a fight, even when the other side is in the wrong. It's what the " Far Right" calls " Mythical Racism."

And while there is still racism in this country, not everyone accused is racist. 

And I understand the racism usage. As many of you know, I graduated from Vidor High. I have been called racist by association. Like as a child I could up and move away from my parents? Every job I have interviewed for, I have been asked about it. Even jobs in the Dallas area have asked me about it in the interview process. 

And in my 31+ year career, I tried to treat everyone in my classes the same. I've tried really hard to treat everyone fair....Heck, as many of you know, my daughter in law is Chinese, and there is an element in Vidor that hates Asians worse than people with African ancestry. 

I wonder what the real reason is behind the accusations? It has been alleged that the Trustee demoted " Asked too many questions."

Well Hell, ain't that why they were elected?

I don't know. 

I've been upset at the Board because they are proposing raising the salary of everyone working at the ISD except teachers with 20+ year experience. Their raise will come " later." 

Yeah, just like the auditorium that was to be built on the the < New Activity Center.>

So much for loyalty to the district.  

I don't know. I would be worried about my school district. Trouble is, schools in America are not what they once were. And even with significant raises, people are not going into teaching. That should tell you schools. 

At one time I suggested and " talked up" kids going into the classroom. No longer. Why waste your talent? Why subject your mental stability to the politics and what is going on as a microcosm in society today playing out in the schools. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...