Thursday, November 15, 2018

If You're Not Offended by This....

Well, I don't want to hear you moaning and groaning about other stuff.

So, last night I was flipping the 555 TV channels looking for something to watch. anything, something....And I wound up on one of the 35 ESPNs watching some MAC Conference football game, when they went to a commercial break.

The first ad was for KFC.

And in the ad had Colonel Sanders and Christmas carolers.

And they sang a song about buying chicken for dinner....

To the tune of the chorus of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing. "

A lot of the Christmas stuff people get all indignation about, well doesn't really bother me.

Happy Holiday signs at stores instead of "Merry Christmas."

People who use "Merry Xmas" . The "X" came from the Greek meaning Chi, the first letter in the word Χριστός which translates to English as " Christ"....The later part of the word is from the Latin derivation of Old English for the word, "Mass."  ( Once again, a waste of a seminary education)

 I don't get upset over some red cup business at coffee houses. 

I revert to 12 years old when I see Christmas decorations on telephone poles that look like "dildos in a box." ( Do you know how hard it was not to say anything when I was teaching at Buna?)

But , if you don't say anything about using tune of  " Hark the Herald Angels Sing" to sell chicken, well, it sort of bothered me, it shouldn't have, but it did. 

If there isn't some sort of concern from the "professional" Christians, well, shut the hell up about everything else....


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...