Monday, November 19, 2018

Story Time from Uncle Govteach....About Buna ISD

Or when I do these stories, I need to call them, " Stories from Uncle Thomas?" Or " Stories from Uncle Kerry?" Or because there are a couple of family I actually "friended " on Facebook. " Stories from Uncle Kerry Don."

That's terrible I know, but there are a large number of family I have very little to do with....by choice.

Yesterday, I posted a quote: "If you aren't someone the church would have killed 400 years ago, are you even living?" 

And on top of the quote I posted, " Hell, I couldn't get the Buna ISD to fire me.....and I tried." 

I had a couple of people think I was teasing about me wanting to get fired.

I wasn't.

I never expected to stay as long as I did in Buna.

I seriously expected them to fire me because I expected a great deal out of you.

When they hired me, I literally decided I was going to make my class equal to a college level course.

It was a shock at the end of the first year when I went to my school mailbox and there was a contract for the next year.

You know, and I do not think you understand, I pushed the envelope on a lot of stuff that would have gotten me fired at any other school district in which I taught.

I mean seriously, where else could I have had a cuss porch? And bad words were used on said porch?

Until the last 2-3 years after I sat down and looked at the pension and saw, " Hey I can retire here in a couple of years." Did I even take into consideration " You know these people might actually fire me."

And even then, I was a real asshole to people I did not like. ( We are not talking about kids, yes, I was rough on you, but unlike a lot of people in the profession, I understood and actually liked most of you.....and once again, the faculty question, I am friends with I think 3-4 people on Facebook I taught with...)

My biggest regret was I didn't tell some people they would be better off in another profession. Some just sucked as a teacher....Some just did not "get" the fact they were there for the people sitting in the desks.

Anyway, I pray for Buna ISD often, and I worry about what is going on.....There are a couple of people still there I really like and one day, when they are gone, I am going to tell you what I really think.  ( I don't want any blow-back on them)







No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...