Wednesday, October 23, 2019

God I Hate People, Leaving the House....

I went to "town" today and it was one mess and aggravation after another.

I say that, and I saw James Chesser on some business. It was good to see him, good to "catch-up." I am always glad to see y'all doing well in your profession, and personally. It makes the ole Govteach proud.

But, it went downhill from there.

I performed the " quickie" marriage a little before noon.

I give them 6 months....

I hate to be pessimistic, but when the couple are already mad, the parents are mad, the grandparents are mad.....Not much hope.

I was asked to come to the luncheon, but I begged out and got the hell out of there.

I then run some errands.

Why are stores now checking every note( denomination of dollar bill) to see if it is counterfeit?

I can see $100, $50, $20s.....But my bill at the store was $6.73.

I gave them $5 and two $1s.

The clerk used that "yellow" pen to check and see if they were counterfeit.

Has there been a rash of counterfeit $1s?

You know, maybe it is just me, but when they check bills, it is like they are saying," I think you might be a crook, I better check."

I bought some tires from a local shop the other day, and paid cash, in $100 bills, the owner, didn't bat and eye, took the bills and gave me my change.

And I do not blame the clerks at the stores, they are just employees. But it makes aggravates me.

Then, she could not for the life of her figure out she needed to give me a quarter and 2 pennies in change...She tried to give me 3 nickels and two dimes. Then a quarter and a dime. I told her the correct change would be the pennies and the quarter and it finally "snapped." 

Then, I stop at a drug store on the way home, to get some OTC medication and on the way to check-out, I notice a box with "adult beverages" discontinued. 75% off. I get a bottle for " future reference."

And as I check out there, the clerk asks for my ID....

Really.....Really?

My hair is grey. I look old. I am old. Do I REALLY look like I am under 21?

Does the corporation really not trust their clerks to know when you need to check ID? Maybe they are hiring too many nit-wits? No, I don't think that, the corporation is too paranoid they will be sued that a clerk will sell liquor to a kid and the kid will drive DWI and hurt someone in a wreck...But let people use some good sense....

Finally, I complete my errands and start home from Orange down FM 1130....And what do I see?

A woman, got to be in her 70s, with more wrinkles than a Shar Pei dog walking in the east lane wearing only a bra and panties. She was smiling and waving at everyone. I called the sheriff....

I actually had one more stop and made an executive decision, "Let's go home."

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...