Thursday, October 24, 2019

List?

Every year, we draw names at my in-laws for the Christmas holidays. And I am no longer allowed to draw because I have in the past drawn my own name, and have " gifted" myself a firearm....Or two, which doesn't go over as I have in-laws who are deathly afraid of firearms. ( I can't draw my, Deb's Reid's or Yu ''April'' Zhou-Thomas's name...immediate nuclear family)

So, my wife is now my proxy. And has drawn for me.

I may or may not purchase whoever's name I "draw." Sometimes it is hard to know what they really want, and in that case, Miss Debbie has the honor. ( She understands better than me, especially when it comes to female gift lists, she has often heard brand names of items on their list.)

I know, if you put strange things on your list, I try and get those......Heck, mainly it is because I am one who like "different" things anyway.

One year, a poem was one of the gifts asked for, so, not only did they receive a material gift, I wrote them a poem.

As sort of a "joke" I came up with 100+ items on my Christmas gift.

I now am expected to come up with 100 items for my list every year....Some ridiculous, some obtainable.

And even though there are no firearms on this year's list, I am not allowed to draw, for fear, I will buy for myself one of the more pricey of the items on the list. ( There are price limitations for the gifts)

So, no waging.

Just for fun....

Here is  the Christmas 2019 list.

1.      A new cell phone
2.      A rugby ball
3.      To stop hurting so badly
4.      A rib roast
5.      A white Christmas
6.      A tweed suit, in either a greenish color or a light brown
7.      To get serious about getting back on a diet
8.      A laptop
9.      A new cell phone cover
10.   Trip to New Zealand( First Class)
11.   Supper at the Republic Steakhouse in College Station
12.   Supper at Mia Tigua’s in San Antonio
13.   A pecan pie
14.   An Italian cream cake
15.   Supper at Pat’s of Henderson
16.   I keep thinking a dog, and I don’t know if I really need one or not. I’d like a Border Collie/Aussie Shepherd mix, female, but I don’t know if I need either a dog, or one that energetic.
17.   No more hurricanes/tropical storm in this area.
18.   A new belt in a lighter brown
19.   Scottish Rugby Team Jersey xxl
20.   American money
21.   Israeli Shekels
22.   New Zealand Dollars
23.   British Pounds
24.   Real Estate on the Isle of Mull
25.   Acorn TV
26.   Haggis
27.   White pudding
28.   Barry’s gold tea
29.   Pair of really good tweezers
30.   Book of stamps
31.   New mixed brown socks. ( Dockers on Amazon work well)
32.   A bottle opener
33.   Trip to Big Bend
34.   New set of steak knives
35.   IF we keep getting storms, to move someplace dryer.
36.   I really need a new electronic weather set with an electronic rain gauge and a thermometer. ( No wind gauge needed)
37.   A cricket cap
38.   Black Crowes CD one with song, “Seeing Things for the First Time. “(Best of?)
39.   Land Rover Defender in Bronze Green, or Red
40.   Gift certificate to Amazon
41.   Kitty Kat keychain
42.   Bottle(s) of Mexican Coca-Cola
43.   Bottle(s) of Jamaican Pepsi
44.    Ebay gift certificate
45.   For my internet/wifi to work
46.   First Class plane Tickets to United Kingdom....London, Cardiff, Wales, Edinburgh will all work-
47.   Right hand drive Honda Element
48.   Large bag of Camilla pinto beans
49.   First Class Tickets to Halifax, Nova Scotia
50.   Amtrak tickets Sunset Limited from Beaumont to Los Angeles.
51.   Tickets to the Tottenheim Spurs
52.   5 gallon bucket of Omeprazole 
53.   Learn to take an afternoon nap
54.   WG to sing the Aggie War Hymn to me…..Or….
55.   WG to sing “ Goodnight Irene” to me
56.   A year’s subscription to the online version of the Washington Post
57.   A year’s subscription to the online version of the “ Old Grey Lady” AKA The New York Times
58.   A 2020 Toyota Highlander( Any colour but silver )
59.   First Class Tickets to Geneva
60.   Cruise tickets, Seattle to Juneau or Anchorage
61.   Tickets to see the Bournemouth Cherries
62.   A new wallet, double fold, brown colour
63.   An oxblood colour belt
64.   Pair of Allen Edmund captoe shoes, oxblood or burgundy 12D
65.    A new money clip( my old one sprung)
66.   Lottery scratch off tickets
67.   A white stole
68.   An open-front teaching gown, or a Geneva gown( black)( On Amazon UK)
69.   A Mini-Cooper in British racing Green
70.   First Class tickets to Anchorage, Alaska
71.   First Class Tickets to Cardiff, Wales
72.   To find my King Edward pence
73.   Bag of white crew socks
74.   A Full Scottish Breakfast
75.   Weekend at a 4 or 5 star hotel in Austin
76.   Supper at the Schooner
77.   A colder than normal winter
78.   A fake fireplace/heater( There was a really nice one in the cottage in Bunessan, Scotland)
79.   A roll of half dollars
80.   Some $2 bills
81.   A trip to Taos, New Mexico
82.   A Clergy ( Clark) Tartan scarf
83.   Chocolate chip cookies
84.   Butterscotch chip cookies
85.   Set of 2 tires for the Element( rear)
86.   A fountain pen
87.   TXDOT to re-finish FM 1130
88.    For people who owe me money, to pay me
89.   To have a little more self-discipline
90.   Bag of Ethiopian coffee
91.   A bag of pecans
92.   Bag of Costa Rican coffee
93.   Bag of Community, American Classic Coffee
94.   A knock around t-shirt
95.   A large can of cashews
96.   A slice of fruit cake
97.   A large map of the United Kingdom, so I can see where I have been, or might go
98.   First Class Tickets to  Iceland
99.   First Class Tickets to Norway
100.          A set of bagpipes
101.          Tickets to see any Wagnerian opera at the NY Met.
102.          A double breasted blue blazer
103.           I don’t think we’re going anyplace anytime soon…a fruit or nut tree….pecan?




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...