Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New Masculinity?

A new masculinity? Or at least that is what it is being called....

I was minding my own business this morning, reading my political and news blogs, papers this morning, ( I know gubmint teacher, current events "coach" dies hard.)

When I come across a link to GQ and their latest article on the " New Masculinity."

On the cover of the magazine, it has singer Pharrell Williams in a yellow coat that looks that flows down well below his feet, making him look like some sort of upside down flower.

The article, featuring Williams in all sort of dress that I wouldn't call anything but....Horrid.  

Now, I am not above dressing in a "peacock" style, hell, I worse a green sports coat, white pants, Argyle and Sutherland striped tie,  and a Panama hat to the Buna Prom one year.....

That said, I dressed, and still do when "going out" somewhere between traditional Southern prep and like I was an Oxford Don in the 1940s.  

But this shit takes it past the limit.

It seems the " New Masculinity"  includes things like it being okay to wear a dress and put on make-up.

Now, I have seriously looked at buying a kilt. But three things come to mind. It doesn't get cold enough to wear one here, then, where would I wear it? And finally, I don't have the legs for a kilt....( That didn't keep the Scots from wearing them.)

I don't know, I quit GQ magazine about 10 years ago. I neither know the men "celebrities"  nor would I wear the clothes they would consider the " Ten Best Dressed of the Week."

I don't, know, I guess I always thought of a masculine man as being my dad....Wore coveralls to his work to keep from getting just filthy dirty in his job, and then on the weekends, dressed like he was going to address the US Senate.

But the wearing make-up, dresses as being the new " normal" for the average man?

Perhaps in LA and New York, but in the remainder oh, some will filter to the urban areas of this state...but the new normal masculinity?

Unless chicks really dig this sort of dress....Men in their make-up....Looking at their clothes in the closet.

 I doubt it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...