Monday, October 28, 2019

What Has Happened to This Country?

I mean seriously, what the hell has happened?

And I am not talking about politics here.

I'm talking about just basic etiquette? Or is this just America today?

I did three weddings this past week.

Two of the three did not even tell me any sort of thanks or gratitude.

The middle one, which involved former students, well, they could not have been more gracious and thankful. And when I saw they were doing karaoke at the reception , well, I've not sung karaoke since China.  And If I'd known, well, screw that next wedding.....Especially after how I was treated....

Did they not know, without me, the event wouldn't "have happened?" ( It was like I was a piece of the furniture)

Perhaps I am expecting too much?

I don't know, perhaps this is just the way we are becoming.

I know, I still try and hold doors open for people, not just women, but everyone, and while thank yous are still said, they are becoming fewer and fewer. And I understand that some of you are teaching your kids to show some respect, but I wonder if it is dying?

I wonder what we'll look like in say, 20-25 years in this nation?

Is this just a normal social evolutionary process?




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...