Thursday, October 10, 2019

Yeah, I'm Eventually Going Here...But First....

Yeah, I am eventually going here, and I seriously sort of dread doing it....Part of it is, it is changing so so fast, I cannot keep up.

Of course, I am talking about the impeachment.

Yeah, it is going to happen.

I dread it. And I'm going to say stuff that going to upset everyone...Both sides....

But first...

One of the front office big-shot people for the  Houston Rockets came out in a tweet supporting the democracy movement in Hong Kong. ( The Rockets GM)

And the NBA has panicked.

Now I know most of you have not been to China.

The NBA is a big damn deal there. Even in the off-season, they show game constantly on several TV channels.  The only thing close in the English Premiere League( soccer)....I watch several EPL matches live on Chinese TV.  But it is nothing like the NBA.

The NBA looks at it this way, 1.3 billion potential customers, all moving into the middle class with disposable income.  

It got worse when the Commissioner of the NBA came out supporting Free Speech. I was listening to Joe Rogan's Podcast and he was saying the Commissioner might lose his job for not being forceful enough to condemn the tweet.......and in the end the NBA caved to the Chinese Government....

Hell, South Park even addressed it.   The episode had James Hardin of the Houston Rockets ( a player) on the plane going to China, " Going to get some of that China Money."  Hardin issued an apology to China for what the GM of the Rockets said.

South Park even issued an apology for the China Episode.( It is sarcasm BTW)

China is a scary place, especially going and coming through customs. They took our photos 3 times coming into the country, and 4 times going out.

And this latest NBA/China kerfuffle is just another example of how greedy these big companies are, yes the NBA is a business, and how everything is thrown out the window....morals, ethics, whatever, just to make "some of the China money."

I don't know, I have an open visa to China, but I don't plan to go back......If Jesus is good to me.....In this lifetime....




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...