Saturday, May 13, 2023

I'm Calling Bullsh*t

 It's been a while since I've called it. 

So, yesterday, I look at Netflix and the top TV shows.....Number 1 is Queen Charlotte. Okay, I'll bite.....

Biggest bunch of bullshit fiction I have ever seen. 

That somehow, British Royal Society in the 18th Century would accept a person of color as the queen.....Well, I am sorry this revisionist history has to stop. 

Hell, I watched a little and it is no far from what really happened with Charlotte and George.....Other than George went mad.....And people will believe it is true. 

Say what you want, George and Charlotte didn't have a an interracial marriage that changed history. 

Now the thought that Charlotte was black did not come around until the 1990s when a historian by the name of  Mario de Valdez y Cocom came up with this " theory. "

He claimed that Charlotte descended from an affair between King Alphonso I of Portugal and his Moorish Mistress. This affair allegedly happened in the 1100s. Charlotte was born in 1744. 600 years after the "affair." 600 years tends to change a lot of DNA background, even if the affair was true, and most historians have questions about the ancestry used by de Valdez y Cocom.

Charlotte, who was German, had no mention of her or any family members, being black. And trust me, there would be in the 1700s some historical sources here.

Then there was the fact that Netflix made both both George and Charlotte, " Pretty people."

They were not.

Charles Dickens referred to both in a " Tale of Two Cities" as " There was a king with a large jaw and a queen with a plain face on the throne of England."

I am trying to make this short. 

Finally George. 

This is George III. This is the King of England during the American Revolution. He wanted to keep America, as a colony. He saw us as children. 

F*ck George. I don't care he went mad. Yeah, I am a bit of an Anglophile, but with George III, all bets are off.  Like his son, the Prince Regent, who became George IV asked George..." Why don't you die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...