Thursday, May 11, 2023

Damn, Y'all Are Done, Just Done

 After prayers this morning, looked at getting some "cool" sunglasses, then, I start my reading of the world's newspapers. It is one of the pleasures I have done all my life, read the paper. 

In the WAPO this morning, one of the articles is on the Southern Baptists.( SBC)

It seem the SBC lost 500,000 members in 2022. 

They are hemorrhaging people like mad. 

416 churches and 165 missions closed last year. 

I've said this for 40 years, " Getting involved in politics is going to wind up hurting you. I can't see Jesus showing up and saying he's a Democrat, or Republican." In the scope of things, I don't think he cares.  

Heck, how many of you think the SBC church in your community is a clique? Heck, you wouldn't be welcomed even if you joined that church?

Say what you want young folks generally don't go to church.

Heck, I left years ago, rules against dancing, drinking, well, just the rules. Many when I read the Bible, well, I question. Then there was that " Eye Opening Experience" in SBC seminary.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...