Thursday, October 31, 2019

And Life Goes On

I don't know, maybe I've just gotten too old. Perhaps I have sort of long term psychological damage.....Some sort of Charlie Brown syndrome?

Perhaps it is because I had a long-term psychological damage from events in my youth?

I go on Facebook this morning and see a number of people crushed that the Astros lost last night.

I can't get excited, or upset one way or another.

Maybe it is because when I was in Little League, I played on a team that did not win a game.

Perhaps it is because when I was in high school the old Vidor Pirates went 0-40. People in the Golden Triangle made the joke, " Interstate 10 - Vidor 0. "

Perhaps because every teaching job I applied for, because I was a history teacher, I had to compete with some coach for the job.....Sorry coaches, I am a better teacher than you, you're more interested in extra curricular activities than academics. In truth, I forgot more history than you'll ever know.....And I have not forgotten that much.....I see athletics as a competition. It's is why I refused to go to pep rallies.( That said, I have taught with a couple of coaches who were good history teachers, but they were in the minority)

At one time I was a Dallas Cowboy and Houston Oilers fan.

Houston moved to Nashville, the Cowboys, well,like I heard an actual Cowboy in Alpine , Texas say about the Dallas Cowboys while sitting in a cafe on more in the 1970s eating breakfast...." Damn Cowboys." I think I MIGHT be able to name one Dallas Cowboy today...

I just don't care.

I am about to start a roux.

It is gumbo weather.

In the scope of life, it just isn't that important to get upset over anymore.

Burning a roux, well, that's something to get upset over.....But there, you just start over.....

Life goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...