Friday, October 18, 2019

So, America is Going to Wind Up in Hell?

I was thinking about this yesterday as I was running my purge for the month of October.

Oh, most of you are as safe as a baby in your Mother's arms......But some of you.....So close every time...

No, I was looking at the number of people who are ex-students of mine who are non-religious, some spiritual, some of a different faith, some agnostic, some atheists......And to be honest, I like them a whole lot more than a bunch of my former students who are all churchy, and in truth, most of them have been purged long ago.

In yesterday's Wall Street Journal, there was an article about the number of people who are just not religious, and are " nones."

-Only 65% of Americans call themselves "Christian." ( That's down 12% in 10 years from 2009 to 2019)

-Protestants in the same time period down from 51% to 43% of the U.S. population.

-Of the Christians, only 45% have attended a church in the last month....

- Meanwhile the number of agnostics and atheists has gone up.

Maybe it is just me, but some of my favorite folks are atheists and agnostics....And I had rather hang with them than many churchy folks. And they often have more ethics, morals, and are a whole lot less judgemental.

I of course am in that Christian group not mentioned in the article of the " Dones." As a Christian who is "done" with church attendance......The last time I was in church, I was in Europe. And I will probably go during the Christmas time season. Just something "traditional" about church at Christmas, and the music is so much better.

But, I have seen this coming for years.

Want it to change church folks? You've got to start "policing" yourselves better. You got act more like Jesus, quit getting mad over theology that in truth, you don't know if it is correct or not....

But, I doubt you can do anything now. Too much damage has been already done....


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Carnage, Buna ISD

 Three more teachers at the Buna Elementary resigned today.  That means that there has been a total of 9 teachers resign within a period of ...