Thursday, October 23, 2025

Well Buna....I Lied....

 I did not intend to. I do need a break. 

But still stuff  just continues to happen.  

In the last 48 hours I have heard from 3 teachers, possibly a up to 5th just done with teaching...3 have turned in their resignation effective the Christmas break.  How many more do I not know about?

All in this area. 

All from this area. 

Just done. Mentally, physically, just done. 

All  with 12 to 20 years experience. 

What we used to call " old hands." People who know how to teach.  

In the past, these same teachers made it to the May/June end of school time period before they left teaching. Now.....Just done. They are done. 

I wonder how many won't make it back from the Thanksgiving holiday period. Enjoy the week off and decide, I cannot make it to the end of the semester, traditionally, Christmas.  

I know I had a hard time coming back my last year for Spring Break, I was battling a person in the front of the school at the time and almost told them a string of adjectives and walked....But I figured I owned it to the Class of 2011 to complete the year.  

Glad I did not quit....and in another way, I wish I would have cussed them out and walked. 

The STAAR Exam, the kids just talking back and nothing happening....

And two saying, at 2 separate districts that admins told them that the testing was a " game." 

And both got into teaching for something other than the exams.  

Every year when I talk about the start of school, someone teases, I am not sure they are teasing as generally, they have a kid in high school, saying, " Mr. Thomas, you should come back...."

Nope.....I'm done. In more ways than one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proud of Buna? End of Times? I Owe an Explanation to Y'all............Upcoming Story Concerning Buna Teachers

It's Friday....Someday if you get to retire, it will be like every other day that ends in "Y." So, lets wrap up the week.  -I ...