Wednesday, February 4, 2026

And Who Knew???

Was asked by someone, former student , who knows, I always have music blaring when writing the blog. Again, some of you will think, it shows my immaturity, got to have music going....But they asked what I listened to yesterday?

Sorry....But yesterday it was " Rage Against the Machine." " Alice in Chains" and "Audioslave..... "

Today, it is WA Mozart's " Requiem Mass  in D minor." ( Lacrimosa)   

Yeah, today pretending I am someone. 

It has gotten to the point, once again, a large number of people are " peeping" and joining the blog's site on Facebook. People, well, I do not know.  

Caveat Emptor

This blog is not what you may think it is. 

I often swear.  

I may turn around the next blog and talk about faith. 

I am going to write something that will at some point step on your toes.  

I often use mind altering substances. I take " Happy Pills."  Anything to keep me out of pain....

I now have a cat, and not going to lie, still not sure how I feel about it. A dog person all my life, at age 68 a cat shows up, and he's my cat. He's on the rug watching me type.  So, if I talk about Fred, you'll know who he is....

I often refer to my wife as " St. Debbie" or "Debbie the Good." Had a class give her that nickname a number of years ago, and she to put up with my lunacy....Stick around you'll understand. 

I have a Chinese daughter in law, so don't get too hard on the Chinese. ( China, Hong Kong are amazing places. We went and were shocked at how modern the country was....) 

I don't blog every day and while I write on Buna and Jasper County matters, I am not above writing on anything and everything from economics to history, to theology, to whatever strikes my fancy.  

I am a bit of an Anglophile, and often write on the UK. We've been 4 times in recent years. I am fascinated with British History,  politics and may write on British politics.

Yes, I call my " alter-ego" Govteach because I was a government teacher for many years. I find I have to include that because there are people who do not know my background.  

Welcome to the blog, and as I have written, I am working on a podcast sometime in 2026. It's going slower than first expected..... 

 

 

1 comment:

Proud of Buna? End of Times? I Owe an Explanation to Y'all............Upcoming Story Concerning Buna Teachers

It's Friday....Someday if you get to retire, it will be like every other day that ends in "Y." So, lets wrap up the week.  -I ...