Friday, July 31, 2026

World War III??????????????????????

 For literally decades, actually, when I was age 5-6, I read everything I could get my hands on concerning World War 2 and a lesser extent World War I and the American Civil War. Read everything I could get my hands on.I went through every book Vidor High School had on the subject in about 3 months. It was not until I went to divinity school I really became enthralled with church and British History. ( That whole English Reformation got me started. I was already a bit of an Anglophile, I guess I always have been, even in my cowboy boots, Hawaiian shirt, dipping Copenhagen days. )

And I wondered why I had a hard time getting a date. 

And concerning history, I knew more than more history teachers in high school. And they had actual history degree. 

I'm not playing. 

I look at what is going on, and I see us close to World War 3. 

- Ukraine and Russia are at war. 

In the last several days, Ukraine attacked Iran's shipping in the Caspian Sea. ( Inland sea, best known for Sturgeon that produce caviar. Caviar is nasty. One of the few things I refuse to eat.) Ukraine apologized, but still they hit Iranian ships.   

Russian missiles in the last day hit inside of the nation of Poland, which is a NATO member now.  These are missiles capable of carrying a nuclear payload. I keep looking for NATO to just not only be sending weapons to Ukraine, but will somehow get involved militarily. Already the British, German French governments are planning for war. NATO has been arming Ukraine during this war and I look for Russia to " have enough" and strike a NATO facility. 

- The US and Iran are busy shooting at each other, about the time we think there will be a ceasefire they start bombing again. 

Iran hitting American bases at will all over the Middle East. US bombing mostly coastal installations in Iran. 

Two days ago, a drone set a US flagged ship on fire docked at a port in Egypt.  

All while allegedly, the US is out of smart weapons.  

And according to the latest AP-Poll 2/3rds of Americans say the war is not worth it.  

-Saudi Arabia and the US have bombed  Iraq, not Iran, Iraq claiming the rebels there are being supported by Iran. 

-Saudi Arabia is bombing the Houthis in Yemen, and like Iran blocking the Strait of Hormuz are blocking the Red Sea for Saudi commerce. ( Take a look at Marine Traffic, not much is moving through.)

Look for Saudi with US support to send in ground forces and continue bombing of of Yemen. 

-Then, there are what if's.....

What if the Ukraine War and the Iran War become linked? Look at the map. They are close.  

 What if Iraq invades and take Kuwait again?

What if Argentina decides to take the Falkland Islands? The British do not have the navy like they had when Argentina invaded in the 1980s and Thatcher sent the Royal Navy to take it back...

What if China decides it wants Taiwan and makes the move? 

Will the US decide they have to go nuclear to stop Iran from having their own nuclear weapons? We have B-1 bombers in the region. 

And finally...

What if the US decided to land ground troops? 

Then I see Moroccans in an act of desperation storm the Spanish city of Ceuta, which is on the North African coast.  If I was in Morocco I'd be trying to leave too....( We kicked around visiting Ceuta, it has been a part of either Portugal or Spain for 600 years.)

And in this is not taking the economic fallout that is coming. And trust me, at Christmas, it is might look dire.  

 

  

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World War III??????????????????????

 For literally decades, actually, when I was age 5-6, I read everything I could get my hands on concerning World War 2 and a lesser extent W...