Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Buna Schools Hemorrhaging Students?

 I ain't going to lie, I had to look up how to spell "Hemorrhaging" correctly. Spell check couldn't get it correct. 

And thank those of you who have checked on us during the storm. So far, we have maintained lights, and are thankful for it. 

The story coming out of the Buna ISD is the number of students who have left the district, school year 2026-2027. 

From a couple of different sources, the district has supposedly lost 139 students or about 9.5% of the student body.  

10% loss would make any business in the real world to sit up and pay attention. The business leadership would look up and go, " What do we need to change?" " Where do we cut?"

In many cases, leadership is the first to go. It's under the leader realm that we are losing "customers" in this case, pupils. 

And while a government entity is not run like a business, sometimes you need to look at school like a business. What do we need to change? And the voting public needs to look at what/who needs to go.....

The apologists for the last couple of years have told me, the new present leadership will make Buna ISD a desirable district for parents to move to and bring their students. 

( I do not think you know how much grief I have gotten over the last couple of years criticizing the present school district leadership. Being someone's buddy often clouds one's judgement. ) 

Yeah, tell the parents of the 139 who have left the district how great leadership is.....

Working on a blog to explain the "lower" ISD property tax rate......Don't take everything a government entity says at "face value." 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buna Schools Hemorrhaging Students?

 I ain't going to lie, I had to look up how to spell "Hemorrhaging" correctly. Spell check couldn't get it correct.  And t...