Friday, September 4, 2026

You're Crazy! This is to Disillusioned Buna ISD Patrons

 I had not planned to write today....Got up and the computer decided I need to listen to a mix of the singer Jewel and the band, Coldplay, and well, we just went with it. Then, I have this fat orange cat who has decided he needs to lay across the table between the keyboard and screen while I try and write this blog. 

Apparently he's a fan of  Coldplay. 

And I get messages all the time concerning my blogs concerning the Buna ISD. Most are pretty ugly. 

The last one told me that I am " crazy." 

To do this as long as I have, and going against the clique as it is known, I have to be somewhat " Not quite right." 

But, even as my child, I was "a little eccentric."  

Heck, I taught 17-18 year old people most of my life. It does cause a strain on you, both physically, and mentally. Talking for 7 hours a day gets tiring.....And then, having to be "out front" trying to figure out, catch what some 18 year old is about to pull all day, every day gets wearisome.  Especially mentally. 

You take on a government entity, and trust me, Buna ISD is one, and do it for 15+ years,  you get pretty thick skin. It also helps to actually believe in what you are writing about. 

Several of you have gotten blow-back from either the district or apologists for the school, and in truth,  it is to be expected. 

You have to remember the source(s) of the comments. 

Often they work for the district, or they have family/friends who collect a paycheck from the school district. 

If you're going to take on a government entity.  You are going to get to get fallout. If you get a lot like I often do, you have to look at it in this way, " Maybe I am actually doing some good." 

Keep after it, and let me reiterate. You're not going to ask these folks over for Thanksgiving dinner. You got to do what you think is right. 

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 

                                                                                                        Galatians 6:9 

And computer decided to play Soulja Boy...... Fred is looking like I am crazy because I know the lyrics.....

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're Crazy! This is to Disillusioned Buna ISD Patrons

 I had not planned to write today....Got up and the computer decided I need to listen to a mix of the singer Jewel and the band, Coldplay, a...