My late Father would often say when their were difficult choices...." Them decisions.....Them decisions...."
And Dad was right.
I was reading on Facebook about a couple and their looking at visiting Central Europe on their next trip.
We've got the same thing going on....
I know my family is looking at doing a cruise to Alaska..
And I am not too keen on going for several reasons.
1. We've been to Alaska, and my Dad passed away while we were there. I am just a little gun shy about wanting to going back.
2. I don't care that much about being on a cruise.
3. My family is going.
I am looking hard at Wales and Southwest England....Devon, Cornwall, Dorset......But I am not totally sold....Maybe Wales and do a "Pilgrimage to Canterbury?"( About like driving from here to San Antonio...or for us to drive to the Farm....so, not really nuthin')
I got to looking last night at North Scotland, Inverness, Aberdeen, and the Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, but that trip is harder than you realize. Especially going to the Shetlands. But I looked hard....
We also are looking at Iceland for a week....then fly to Norway......But my wife want to go during the Northern Lights....Which means winter......And to go wherever in Iceland we would need to rent a Jeep.
Now I can drive a Jeep....But as a friend of mine I hunted with as a youth said, " 4-wheel drive means you get stuck in an even more inaccessible place."
I do know one thing, the next trip won't be across the Pacific......almost 19-20 hrs on a plane from Houston to Asia is a long damn time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment