Thursday, May 23, 2019

Ashamed of Your Name

Ashamed of your name.....I am sorry that you are ashamed of of your name. At least you don't have a unisex name like the writer of this blog.....And until I went to Ireland last year, I really did not care for it. ( In truth I still do not like it.)

No, these churches that are ashamed apparently that they are Baptist, or Assemblies of God, or Pentecostal, or now, the Methodists, Presbyterians and Cumberland Presbyterians are doing it....

We know there is a huge growth in non-denominational churches, but you know, in this area, in truth, they are Baptist or Pentecostal in their piety.

You know, if you are a visitor, it is almost, " buyer beware."

I wonder if there is so much stigma in certain denominations now, they steer themselves away from tell people outside the church what they actually believe or do until you go inside....

Say what you will about the Mormons( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints), the Lutherans, the Episcopalians, most of the time the PCUSA Presbyterians, and the Catholics always have a virgin sitting out front....These churches let you know what they are....They are not ashamed...

No, I don't know when I visit, and rarely when I do, should I expect some sort of Neo-Calvinism that would make John Calvin spin in grave, or if Calvin was still alive, burn his theological rivals at the stake. ( Who needs Jesus when we have Calvin seems to be the Neo-Cals mantra.)

Or, midway through the church service you being handed a big fat angry Water Moccasin.

No, if I do not know, I like a church to let me know who they are and what they are associated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...