Tuesday, September 24, 2019

But Where The Hell You Gonna Go?

I'm back.

Long strange trip.

Actually, Scotland was wonderful, and will write a separate blog on it probably tomorrow.

Second major flood in three years.

People are still out of the homes in this area.

I was just able to return to the Compound in the last few hours.

I want to once again thank everyone for their concern.

Especially Paige Stark, literally,  years ago, who would have known I would consider some of you my friend.

Paige kept an eye on the Compound, checked and got someone to take her in a 4x4 to make sure the place had not flooded.

I owe her major....I may have to kill someone, and it's been awhile since I've been involved in a homicide....well, since that unfortunate ax incident years ago off the Mansfield Ferry Rd. South of Vidor...( Some one will think the last part is real...)

I've had a few people ask if I needed help "gutting the place."

No, the Compound is "high and dry." We've literally been blessed in the last two storms.

But, there are people now talking about leaving the area......And to be honest, we've talked about it, and well, one day, when we get older, we'll need to downsize and move wherever the kids are living.( Might be China? Seriously)

But now, why move?

Family is here.

Hell, y'all are here. And say what you want, I am East Texas. ( I know this because people in Scotland spoke to us ( me) just to hear the accent. I don't think, they thought people actually sound like this.....)

But seriously, we are always under the gun from the Gulf.

Where you going to go?

We looked at property in Scotland. Sell here, and move to Mull.....Or Sky.....Or a place in the Highlands.( Loved the Isle of Mull, was my favorite place on the trip) The places in the Highlands are cheaper than you think.

But, we don't know a soul there.

We'd always be the hillbillies with university degrees....Outsiders....People with the funny accents....

Oh, we will someday follow the grandkids. If they ever materialize.........If.

But right now, I was born here, I went to school here, worked most of my life here, and probably will die here.

Blog on Scotland tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...