I don't know, maybe I've just gotten too old. Perhaps I have sort of long term psychological damage.....Some sort of Charlie Brown syndrome?
Perhaps it is because I had a long-term psychological damage from events in my youth?
I go on Facebook this morning and see a number of people crushed that the Astros lost last night.
I can't get excited, or upset one way or another.
Maybe it is because when I was in Little League, I played on a team that did not win a game.
Perhaps it is because when I was in high school the old Vidor Pirates went 0-40. People in the Golden Triangle made the joke, " Interstate 10 - Vidor 0. "
Perhaps because every teaching job I applied for, because I was a history teacher, I had to compete with some coach for the job.....Sorry coaches, I am a better teacher than you, you're more interested in extra curricular activities than academics. In truth, I forgot more history than you'll ever know.....And I have not forgotten that much.....I see athletics as a competition. It's is why I refused to go to pep rallies.( That said, I have taught with a couple of coaches who were good history teachers, but they were in the minority)
At one time I was a Dallas Cowboy and Houston Oilers fan.
Houston moved to Nashville, the Cowboys, well,like I heard an actual Cowboy in Alpine , Texas say about the Dallas Cowboys while sitting in a cafe on more in the 1970s eating breakfast...." Damn Cowboys." I think I MIGHT be able to name one Dallas Cowboy today...
I just don't care.
I am about to start a roux.
It is gumbo weather.
In the scope of life, it just isn't that important to get upset over anymore.
Burning a roux, well, that's something to get upset over.....But there, you just start over.....
Life goes on....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Heard from Other Schools, But Not Buna ISD.....Also, State Scores?
I had to start this blog over. In the middle I had 250lb orange cat that decided that Kerry was doing something important, I need to help.....
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment