Thursday, December 5, 2019

Market Basket You Disappoint Me....

So, I am minding my own business this morning, and saw I was out of a product I needed for tonight's supper, so, Duke's Mayonnaise was for sale and it seems to run out of stock quickly, when on sale, so, I make a flying trip to the store to go ahead and pick-up a couple of items.....

When I do so, I walk down the dry bean aisle and find this "jewel" below.


Say what you want to, and I understand the original "China Doll" was a pale porcelain doll sold in the early to mid 20th Century, and I am sure the company wanted to let people know that their beans are white and pure, but not all of their beans are white beans. 

You know, I remember in the 1970s seeing a product on the shelves called "Negro Head " canned oysters. Even back then I knew it wasn't right.

In the picture of the lady is yellow. Trust me, they're not yellow. They don't look like the Simpsons. Trust me, I did not see a yellow type person while there. ( Most were whiter than us white folks.)

And then worse, she's dressed as a 19th century Courtesan....That's right, a Chinese whore from the 1800s.

You don't see stuff like White Trash Meth Whore Condoms.

Perhaps we need to do so?

And here is the strangest thing of all. The Chinese don't even eat beans.( Some black beans, some odd red bean in a paste, but others, they hate.... Literally, they hate them. ) The Soybeans we sell China are all turned into other products from oil to milk, to tofu....

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...