Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Ain't Your Friend

This pops up from time to time on the Facebook. And it's the damn truth.

Not everyone is your workplace is your friend. 
Do your work
Go Home
Get Paid

That is so damn true. I think I was friend was well, so few people in every place I ever worked in the school business.

Hell, I think I friends with maybe 5-6-7 people I worked with at Buna on Facebook. And these folks, well, I really liked.

Most of the people I tolerated at best.

Some, well, I hated. Literally hated, but I couldn't tell them I hated them or kill them for fear of being either fired or going to death row- So I tolerated them.

I looked at it this way, a bunch were the cheerleader/football types....still in school and well, they didn't know shit in school and in spite them having a degree in their subject or at least, a teacher's certificate, just barely knew their subject. ( That said, there are exceptions, as always)

Look, sadly, it is sometimes like high school. The band nerds, the academic nerds, well, they were their own clique. 

I hate to be mercenary, but it's all about the paycheck. 

Let's face it folks, many people you have to be nice to people at work. Or tolerate them.

But once you leave, hey, screw 'em.....And the further you get away, you wonder how you could stand to even be in the same building with them...

Do your job, get your pay, get the hell outta there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...