Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mardi Gras

Don't know why, but I have a difficult enough time spelling Mardi Gras and my spell check wants to change it every time I write it......

But, I digress.

Today is " Fat Tuesday" the last day before you are go into the 40 days before Lent in which you are " supposed" to fast and give up something important to you for the Lenten period. The fasting to including giving up the consumption of meat on Friday's.

Mardi Gras was a big " party" before Lent that in recent memory has especially in New Orleans at time of debauchery.

To much  my surprise, I see two area Baptist Churches were Mardi Gras " gatherings."

Southern Baptists? Mardi Gras? Do they not know how this started historically?

Do the Baptist plan to give up something for Lent?

Or is this just another excuse for a "covered dish" gathering?

I don't know, I sorta do Lent now. But I'll still eat a steak on Friday, and due to my health, won't really fast. I do give up something I like, but as of yet, not sure what yet, it was cussin' last year and it hard.....This year just not sure.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...