Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mardi Gras

Don't know why, but I have a difficult enough time spelling Mardi Gras and my spell check wants to change it every time I write it......

But, I digress.

Today is " Fat Tuesday" the last day before you are go into the 40 days before Lent in which you are " supposed" to fast and give up something important to you for the Lenten period. The fasting to including giving up the consumption of meat on Friday's.

Mardi Gras was a big " party" before Lent that in recent memory has especially in New Orleans at time of debauchery.

To much  my surprise, I see two area Baptist Churches were Mardi Gras " gatherings."

Southern Baptists? Mardi Gras? Do they not know how this started historically?

Do the Baptist plan to give up something for Lent?

Or is this just another excuse for a "covered dish" gathering?

I don't know, I sorta do Lent now. But I'll still eat a steak on Friday, and due to my health, won't really fast. I do give up something I like, but as of yet, not sure what yet, it was cussin' last year and it hard.....This year just not sure.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...