Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Just Wait a Minute...It'll Get You Too

Not playing here, it will happen to you too, and it will happen fast. Faster than you know.

Some of you are bitching about " the old people" and their attitude towards stuff.

Just wait. It will happen so fast you'll get up one morning and say, " What the hell happened???"

What happened to that kid with shoulder length hair, in a '67 blue Mustang riding down the road listening to a mix of Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Jerry Jeff, Willie Nelson, and Renaissance/Baroque  music all on 8-track???? ( Claudio Monteverdi and William Byrd rock man, with Byrd, I'm ever the British leaning historian)

I've been married 39 years this year. I graduated high school 45 years ago, college 40 years ago. This August, I'll start my 10th year retired.

That pain you have at 30-40, well it triples at age 60.

And the world you thought you understand , well, you won't.

I think I am doing pretty good.

I've been more open, more inclusive to a lot of views I had when I was in high school, hell college, hell seminary. ( Seminary will mess a person up...Badly.)

Look, I am open about people in the LGBT community. You got to make yourself happy. You can't help who you are sexually attracted to. I am convinced people are born this way and there is no magical prayer or potion to change people. Let them be happy.

Hell, I'm for the legalization of most narcotics, especially marijuana. We've fought the "War on Drugs" since Nixon and it's time to try something else.

Never in a million zillion years would I dream I would have a Chinese daughter in law, we always thought it'd be a Charlie Brown syndrome. ( A little red headed girl, it's all he dated in high school and college)...and it's just part of the change of America. My grandkids will speak Mandarin Chinese. And we love her.

And I am surprised at the love... And the just unadulterated hate I receive on my daughter in law. ( Some of you have  a poison in your system. )

But you better be careful making fun of old people, as my dad said, " Keep saying Good-morning, and you'll be there plenty quick enough."

Quicker than you ever dreamed.  And there will be a lot of stuff you don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...