Friday, March 6, 2020

And a Pox on Your Family Too

You know, I try and keep from throwing total fits on here, I seriously do. But every once in a while, you "get on my last nerve."

I ran a purge yesterday and for the most part you were kept because you were cute( sexist I know, but I no longer care, I actually like you, I think you're cool and I want to associate with cool people so someone might think I am actually cool, or I don't trust you and well the old Sun Tzu saying, " Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

Had someone advocating the ending of public schools and going all private.  I purged them like a hot rock.

I can just about see the mess that would cause.

Right now the only school I would consider sending our son to in this area is a Catholic private school. Costs $10,000 a year. We probably could have come up with the $40,000 for 4 years. I would have even considered converting to Catholicism if the price would have gone down, I'm about halfway there with my Anglican theology anyway, ( Could I just take a test rather than the lessons Father XYZ? Bet I can pass it.) and we seriously considered it.

You do know that means about $120,000 for 12 years. Two kids? $240,000......Most of your houses don't cost $240,000.

And could you imagine all at once this happening?

Millions of people looking someplace to send their kids?

Supply and Demand, schools would pop up all over the place, teachers non certified. They themselves barely can read or write. Many schools being businesses. Some just going bankrupt in middle of school year. No set curriculum?

And prices? You don't even want to think about that. A massive amount of kids in the demand for a school?

( By the Way, my Daughter in Law is subbing at an elite school in Austin...Price? $38,000 a year. ) 

And you'd get what you pay for.

"Jesus" schools would pop up all over the place. Their math program?

1+1= Jesus

2x2= God

Only textbook, the Bible? Hell, even Medieval European schools had different "books" and writings to study.

And where in the hell you going to get teachers to work for $15,000-19,000 a year? You ain't. And those who do are, well I don't even want to think about it. 

And what you going to do with the 2/3rds of people who can't afford to put those 4-5-6 kids into school? Let them homeschool? Do you really want these people homeschooling? Talk about a "new" underclass. ( And by the way, many of you who plan to homeschool and I know, well, I think you can do it, otherwise, I'd say something)

Yeah, public school has its faults.   But it's the best thing we got.  And yes, not all schools are the same.

I wonder what the same person would say, if I said " We need to shut down the petrochemical industry and go all wind and solar?" Go all Climate Change on him?( I'm not, I like my gasoline engines. My propane stove. My A/C in Summer.) ( Natural Gas drives the local power plant)

I know you're bitching about your tax bill to the school, but trust me, do the math, you're getting off light.

In the end I look at it this way, I ( and others)think I did a pretty good job, and this is how you repay your education?

Fuck you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...