Monday, March 30, 2020

Okay, I Know, I Know, You're Nuts

I know you're about to go crazy. I'm a homebody and I am about to get crazy myself.

Mexican food sounds good about right now. Fake Chinese sounds good.

I have thought about maybe emptying an AK47 into the railway embankment a couple of times at 3AM just to get all of Lemonville up, but I have not.

Let's go over a few things-

- I know a number of you are all upset over the government shutting down your liberty , freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom of religion, etc during this time.

Like this is something new.

Look, this country has shut down the place in times of illness. Even arrested people and institutionalized people spreading illnesses. ( Typhoid Mary, the New York cook who spread the illness was put in a sanitarium until the day she died.)

Heck, during the Spanish Flu, people were banned from schools, churches, meeting places, people were kept off the streets.

We are already are limited in freedoms. We can't drive 100 mph wherever we go. We can't snort heroin to help us through the workday.

The government understands if this goes on too long the economy will be wrecked. 

I've been on a lock-down every damn tropical system in the last 15 years. Sheriff's office kept me out of Lemonville more than once and even just being here during the storm, well, they were not happy. 

This will end.  We've only been away from people for about well, a little over a week now.

- There are also a number of you all upset about the government giving people $1200 ($2400 couples) for this period of time. Many of you saying that you " Don't need it."

Part of this is to get the economy jumped started when we are back able to go places, do things.

If you don't want it, give it to me. I'll fly an American air carrier out of Houston or Dallas to Europe or buy that new U.S. made wheelgun I've been looking at. ( I'm serious here if you're that upset about the money. Endorse that check over to me..)

- Then some of you are all upset there will not be an election in November. We've had elections during World War 2, the Civil War, and even if they postponed it, it could not be more than 2 months because the 20th Amendment says a president's term ends on Jan. 20th. And then they'd need time for the electors to vote. To change the 20th, both 2/3rds of the congress and 2/3rds of the states would have to agree....That ain't going to happen.

Kwichurbitchin'......This too will pass. Call your family, check on them, especially older folks. Tell you kids you love them. Tell your S.O. you love them. Learn to play that guitar you got for Christmas, read that book(s) you bought 3 years ago, hell, I'm working on getting a podcast started, but I may need Reid to come in and get the computer/electronics set up for me....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...