Tuesday, May 5, 2020

No School Fall 2020???

So, I keep hearing rumblings about school this coming year.

How will we have school in the Fall?

Yesterday alone, two Supt. of Schools in this state are saying school in the Fall probably won't be  normal.

Fairly major districts.

Dallas ISD

Abilene ISD

Dr. Young in Abilene ISD had 4 possible scenarios. 
  • Start school in August as normal
  • Start in August with some restrictions in place
  • Start in August with restrictions and micro-closures (3-5 days at a time) at campuses as needed
  • Don't start in-person until January
Young doubted the first scenario would take place.

And Young said that  "it will be mid-summer before we know about extracurriculars like football and band."( You can rest assure there are sleepless nights at the UIL)

Man, I write this as I know the Buna ISD is agonizing over when graduation should be held this year.

The Chinese have an old saying...." May you live in interesting times." Yeah, but Covid-19, to Australia burning up, to now Murder Hornets you wonder " What's next?"

Those of us who grew up in a somewhat hardcore evangelical faith, well, it makes you wonder should I sit my chair in the garage, face East and wait? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...