Monday, July 6, 2020

My Hypocrisy Goes Just so Far

My hypocrisy goes just so far......

This blog will probably get back to those involved, but I just don't care.

I had a conference call with literally a group of people wanting to get married in a couple of months.  And it had more people on the call than I expected.

They just " assumed" I would do the wedding, and a Buna person was involved( Don't ask) and it was going along until I learned about the particulars.

It seems the bride was on husband to be Number 6. And had 5 kids. All by 5 different husbands. ( That was my understanding, I might be wrong?)

I understand if you've had a couple of missteps, and you need to get married a couple of 2-3 times, but at number 6, well, it's time to stop.

I was stunned at the number of times.

Who you think you are? Liz Taylor? 

And the thing that pushed me over the edge and I told them, they need to find another ' officiant' was when the bride's mother got to talking about the wedding gown for the bride.

White.

Now, I do not expect you to be a virgin when you get married. I know that ship these days has long passed. First wedding, I expect and think you need to wear white. I don't expect you to not wear white on a second or perhaps a third wedding, but at some point, you've got to be honest with yourself.

At 6 weddings, I'm sorry, " you've seen more peckers than a urinal."

I told them, I would not be able to perform the wedding, for ethical reasons and the groom and bride understood, it was the bride's family who was not so understanding....

So, if you hear someone bad mouthing me about not doing a wedding.....Well, it true...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...