Saturday, December 19, 2020

I Was Kind of Insulted

 So, the meme on this page was posted and said that we need to protect guys in their 20s from teenage/underage girls. 

Sorry, but it works both ways. 

Debbie had barely( I mean barely) turned 18 when she " set her sights" on a 22 year old fellow baritone horn player in the Lamar University Band. 

I mean seriously it was less than a month before I realized, " I am done.....I've been hooked." 

And she was the one who asked me out. 

She initiated the first kiss. 

If she'd been an "older woman" people would have called it manipulation. 

I literally didn't have a chance.  

Now, her parents and my parents were VERY apprehensive at first. Her Mom thought I might be preying on her and my parents thought she was MUCH too young ....That was until they got to know us and then, her younger brothers about 3 months into the relationship would ask " When is Kerry coming over the play ball/video games with us?"

The entire situation was foreordained, predestined as the Calvinists would say. We've been married, or seeing one another for 42 years now. 

Best thing ever happened to me. 

Now there are creepy guys who go after young girls so they can control them.....But in my case, I've not been in control for 40+ years. Everything is not what it seems....


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...