Saturday, March 6, 2021

Dr. Seuss, Mr. Tater Head, Bugs Bunny, Disney.....

 Ain't nobody happy anymore. 

We all are just looking for something to bitch about in this nation. 

I don't know. I am sure the the English language is next......And watch, there will be a movement in Texas to stop teaching English Literature in high school Senior English classes. Hell, it was the only English class I enjoyed in high school.....Hell, it was one of my favorite classes in college, British Lit taught by Dr. Jack Renfroe.........Then again, my grandkids will speak English....And Mandarin Chinese. 

I wonder what the hell it is going to look like in 20 years......However, in 20 years I will be on the cusp of 84 and either will no longer be with you, or not give a shit. 

I don't know, for years the Baptists tried to boycott stuff like Disney because they supported gay rights....Hell, I thought that was silly then. Then again, the older I get the sillier/hypocritical I see Baptists.

As an Irish-American I am going to start the movement to remove the leprechaun from the boxes of Lucky Charms. 

I've been all over Ireland, both Northern and the South......Galway, Dublin, Shannon, Derry, Cork, Limerick, Belfast,I didn't see anyone dressed like that. 

Nor did I see a leprechaun and we were in some rural out of the way places Americans don't visit.....Hell, one night I had enough Smithwick's Ale in the pub, I thought I'd see one...But I didn't. 

I don't know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...