Monday, October 25, 2021

Buna, Now Officially Worse Than Vidor?

 I really wanted to write today on my $2 bill experiment across the Southern part of the United States.....But this mess occurred.

Last evening, worn out from vacation, driving, right before I go to bed I see a couple of photos are posted on social media. 

In this are teens in ' Blackface.'

I thought this went out in polite society in 1952.  

This is the stuff that went on in Vidor in the 1970s. I saw it at parties back than, and honestly, I left the party because, well, it wasn't right then. This is especially true when I was in university and had low brass friends in the Lamar Band who were Black. ( Low Brass baritone,euphonium,tuba, Sousaphone people are often a close knit group. We're not not the glory guys playing trumpets, or the flash guys with the slide trombones) College was an eye-opening event. It showed me that " Folks are Folks" no matter their color.

And you can hold whatever kind of party you want at your house. Want to be in 'Blackface?' Want to hold an orgy? Whatever you want to do behind closed doors well, you have at it. 

Trouble is, we can't leave well enough alone. Photos taken from the party have made their way to "Social Media." 

You knew good and well in these days they would. People can't help themselves. 

I wonder what potential employers will see these photos in the future? Hell, I wonder if present employers are okay with their workers condoning their children in 'Blackface.'

Actually I am glad they posted the photos. I am sure they wouldn't think twice about posting photos of someone dressed as a Chinese " Coolie."  Or perhaps a mentally disabled person. Hell, back in the 1970s there was a time period people dressed as aborted babies for Halloween. 

If you're okay with this especially the Chinese Coolie, unfriend me on Facebook, and well, just don't ever speak to me again. I can live without you in my life. 

I don't know, maybe it'll give Buna Real Estate Agents a new motto........

" Buna, now more racist than Vidor." 

I don't know. Perhaps I am expecting too much from people?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

School Fights, Assaults, Etc.... The Video...

 I was sent multiple video copies of a student assaulting another student from BHS. No, not going to post it as both are still students, pro...