Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Don't Ever Do This!

 I was reminded not to do this, even as a joke at a wedding. 

This generally involves the groom. 

In the part were the officiant, minister, priest, etc asks...."Do you take this woman to be your wife, to love, the cherish....etc"

Then, as a joke, or teasing say...." No."

There are denominations who have to take the FIRST ANSWER......They can't take...." I was just kidding." 

Questions may arise later about if they really wanted to marry or not?

This is serious business.

It happened this past weekend to a friend of mine conducting a wedding. The groom smiled, and said, " No." 

My minister friend closed his marrying book, went and got in his truck, and left.  

I think he took the license with him.....If sued, his answer would be, " I was told by the groom no." He mailed the unsigned marriage license back to the county clerk with an explanation letter.  

Folks, this goes under...." Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...