Monday, September 23, 2024

2025 Review-New Subie

 I drove the Subaru Outback for the first time this weekend. We took a road trip to Llano to see the nephew's ball game.

As you know, we are hooked on the Subaru, as I am convinced my wife would have been killed had she been driving something other than the 2017 Subaru Outback we previously had. ( Or any Subaru)

And like Augustus McCray said about Deets, my wife is not one to make much of a change. Green paint, Ivory interior, same model, Subaru Outback.

I am amazed at the computer technology  that is in the 2025 model.massive screen,  of course a backup camera that they all have now. But the technology is starting to be too much to keep up with. And the screen changes to several different ones. I do like the oil and water temp on the screen.

The AI is pretty amazing in that there is a self driving setting that not only keeps you in the lane without hands of the wheel, but slows you down behind pokey cars to your front. It does gripe at you and make you put your hands on the wheel if they're off too long. I am debating hooking a C-clamp to the wheel to see if it will let me go hands free? Then again, do I want to do that?

The stereo system is a little disappointing. But our 2017 system wasn't that good either, and well, my personal vehicle has a subwoofer, so you blast  as you go down the highway. ( Old guy in a 2010 Toaster blasting Also, and new cars don't have CD players which is a disappointing to us older people. Then again I need to learn how to run tunes off my phone. 

The a/c vents are also smaller, but I was comfortable in the drive. Deb is disappointed in the vent sizes however. 

The Outback no longer has the 3.6 liter 6 cylinder engine, and now offers the 2.4 engine with a turbocharger. We did not get the turbocharger. Just the standard 2.4 which we had in the other Outback. Of course, it is a Subaru and the engine is in the Boxer style. And can hear it down the highway before my wife turns into our drive. Boxers have a unique sound I can pick out. ( I had a love affair as a youth with Porches.)

The car got 29.8 MPG on the trip to Llano, this is with a heavy footed driver ( Me) behind the wheel.  

I enjoyed driving the car, very similar to the '17 Outback we had, so in truth, the car wasn't that much different. 

This said, if I was looking to buy a new vehicle, I would look at a Subaru, not the Outback, because, well, we already have one, but I'd look hard, hell, I'd buy the Forrester. I like a boxy vehicle. And the new green one? Oh Hell yeah, so close to BRG.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Negativity....At Buna Schools?

 So, you must have been reading the blog..... Good. Look, I can say stuff other people can't. Either won't because of their kids, or...