Monday, September 14, 2026

It's Time to Cut Buna, Buna ISD, Southern Jasper County Loose.......

 15+ years to " Enuff." 

Just enough. 

I often wonder where I have gone wrong. I literally have cut myself off from many in the community. It's like and I often ask, " Why bother?" 

And we know that we are not going to write on topics that people will agree with. 

And we know that so many people in the community have put their heads in the sand just like an ostrich and " hope for the best" thinking that somehow it will all turn out okay, no matter in reality, it keeps getting worse and worse. And " they" literally take you for a naive, literal idiots.  

Or, you are too afraid to do anything. 

Perhaps the thing is, so many of you show your true colors concerning your children. 

The kids are just an after thought. They claim you love them, and God gave them to you, to train them to be adults, and  it is your job to take care of your kids, but that new $110,000 vehicle. That new boat, that second house at the lake, the beach, well, I need to take care of that material goods before my kid's well-being. 

And don't tell me otherwise. I've seen it. 

-I've been somewhat discouraged  and and might be time for me to step away from Buna, writing on the school district, because, well, sometimes  

After I see the only people who have signed up to run for school board are the incumbents, and because it is people already in office, and the position is uncontested, the District Clerk will cancel the election. 

I wish I could have backed someone in the election, but I cannot, I just can't. What happens when someone I back screws up royally?  I'll have to go after them, perhaps harder than one I did not support. 

After learning only incumbents were running, well, I've been pretty darn discouraged.  

Then, I was reminded of Isiah 49:4  "I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing at all; I have spent my strength for nothing at all-"

And while I am not from the community, my late Father was born and raised in Gist, my family was in the Gist area in the 1800s, and I have emotional ties and still have relations in that community.  ( I need to write a history....On my US Passport applications, when asked where your Father was Born, I always write, " Gist, Texas, USA.")

As dad said, the people in Buna proper see the people near the Orange County line as second class citizens, never mind there are some pretty good decent, moral folks who live off the Gist Road, many of which, I still call friends. ( And don't tell the "fancy folks" in Buna, if you can call them such, tell you that they don't look down on the folks out there.....)

I know Christ was discouraged and I am far from Jesus, but look at him, he was rejected by his own family and friends, especially in Nazareth.  ( Luke 4, Matthew 13, Mark 6) 

Maybe it's supposed to be this way. I have big tendencies that "  believe certain things are done for us to understand later."( John 13:7) 

Could be it is time for someone else to take up the fight....Could be, I need a break? 

We will see...... 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Time to Cut Buna, Buna ISD, Southern Jasper County Loose.......

 15+ years to " Enuff."  Just enough.  I often wonder where I have gone wrong. I literally have cut myself off from many in the co...