Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Just Disappointed

 Probably shouldn't have, but I hit the trad/prep men's clothing sites this morning.....Ben Silver, O'Connell's, Ralph Lauren.....Brooks Brothers......J Press......

Worst clothes I have ever seen for Fall/Winter 24-25. 

Just awful.....Other than a tie at Ben Silver's, and they're asking too much for it, nothing floated my boat. ( They wanted $125 for the tie, the bow-tie was nearly as much. )

Then again, I have about 100 ties in my closet, most of which I never wear, this time of year, it is always one of the tartan ties that I can 'officially' wear. ( You're not supposed to wear a tartan tie unless you have family or professional affiliation..... But in America, no one cares, but I still follow the traditional standard of the "Old Country." And invariably, I pull out the 'clergy' tie. Somewhat muted, conservative enough you can wear to a funeral.)

I don't know, so much of what was offered, I already own. My wife makes fun of me because now, I have 3 closets in 3 rooms full of my clothes.....and about 12-14 shirts hanging on the ironing board. All American cut OCBD....Except two British made ones.

Like I got someplace fancy to go....

I got to go to the doctor in the morning, and this is how much of a flop I am. I've already picked out the clothes I am wearing there tomorrow. Should be cooler( a little) and I've already looked at lighter, Fall like clothing....

But the real question is, which hat I should wear? 

Ladies, beware, if you are dating a guy who re-ties his bow-tie 4-6 times, so he does not look like Tom Keen from Bloomberg, beware, you'll get into a mess like my wife has.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negativity....At Buna Schools?

 So, you must have been reading the blog..... Good. Look, I can say stuff other people can't. Either won't because of their kids, or...