Wednesday, July 29, 2026

I Did a No-No

 Old Kerry Don is off in the weeds this morning, listening to a odd mix of AC/DC, Billy Strings, The Smiths and Audioslave,,,,,Fred seems to like Audioslave, AC/DC.....Then again, I played the complete Requiem Mass in D Minor by Mozart and it put him to sleep, then, my cat sleeps about 12-14 hours a day.( Like a cat) 

Then, I am looking at shoes this morning.....Allen Edmonds to be specific.....I don't have lawyer or Bryant Long money, so, I look at the sales, and the seconds.( In most cases the seconds, you can't tell what is wrong.) I need a pair of new black shoes....The old ones are over 40 years old and well, they've seen better days. 

The thing is, I hate black shoes. 

Not enough "flair" for me.  

As I have eluded to I had to go to a funeral this week and well, I dressed well, even if it was not quite "funeral appropriate." 

Navy pinstripe suit, Navy colored of AE's Fifth-Avenue cap toe shoes, such a dark navy, you have to really look to tell they are not black, Dainite soles, even wore a navy colored belt, not braces. 

I refuse to buy, wear a black suit. And I really should not have worn pinstripes. And yes, I have a solid navy suit. 

I was running late and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like an extra from a set in the 1940s British War Movie sitting in the backbenches of the House and Commons.  Not going to the funeral......I went with it anyway. 

I looked actually like I was an economics teacher......And from time to time, I try and express that of my former self. 

And, I was a bit ashamed of myself until I got to the actual funeral.  

One forgets this is Southeast Texas, and well, whatever you wear it probably going to be okay. There was someone at the funeral in bib-overalls. 

No, I got off in the weeds on Allen Edmonds' site and really got to looking at the green suede cap-toe dress shoes.... ( If I was rich, it'd be Crockett & Jones or Alden's Shoes, you know, those who insist you use Saphir shoe creams, shoe polish, Made in France, it comes in a glass jar, yes, it is what I use.)

No I really don't need them, but they are on-sale........

Maybe I need to not care, peacock and wear whatever I want......put the money in the kitty towards the next trip to England & Scotland..... 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Did a No-No

 Old Kerry Don is off in the weeds this morning, listening to a odd mix of AC/DC, Billy Strings, The Smiths and Audioslave,,,,,Fred seems to...