I went to a visitation at the funeral home in Vidor last evening.
These happen, as life goes on.
I am sure when it is "my time" someone in Buna will go..../" Let's go to the funeral, and check and make sure he's really dead...."
And at the visitation, I ran into 3 former students.
Yes, I do remember them.......But not a clue their names.
For some of you, it has been 30 + years since I have actually laid eyes on you.......And literally over the decades, I have had thousands of students.
I probably would/could tell you the last 25 Emperors of the Roman Empire rather than name an entire class of seniors.
Terrible of me, but the truth....
And some of you, I will remember forever and a day....
Please, help the old man out, help me with your name.
I know at least two of the former students asked other people if it was " Me" or not.....Yeah, I got old. And hair, beard is pretty much grey. Plus, I am 70 lbs down from when I was teaching.
Always glad to see you, but well, it has been a long time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment