I actually have put this backwards.....
The dog days of August......
In the movie " Biloxi Blues" US Army recruits from New York are sent to Mississippi for boot camp. When they got off the train Private Eugene Morris Jerome says.....
"Man, it is hot....
Africa hot.....
Tarzan can't take this heat. "
I felt that way yesterday afternoon.
- I know we've gone over this, and I know it is a " Lost Cause" and as I have said, before " Lost Causes are the only ones worth fighting for...."
As many of you know from the last blog, we celebrated our 45th anniversary this past Friday.
So, we went to a steakhouse to celebrate. Make Kerry Don Thomas happy? Give him a piece of grilled beef.
Deb wound up getting a steak and pork ribs combo. I questioned the ribs at a steakhouse and Deb insisted I have a rib. (She is a fan of the pork rib. What can I say, we are both fans of the swine. As Mr. Taucer would tease me, " There is nothing better than a Big *$$ ham. is there Mr. Thomas?" He is dead on correct....We often had a ham at the prom. )
The rib was quite good. Tender, good flavor.....What can I say, we've been married so long we often insist we try something off each other's plates.
But, I digress.
There are times in restaurants you can leave on your hat/cap. Whataburger, Taco Bell, Buc-ees, and I often wear caps and lord knows I love a hat.
But in church, at a nice restaurant with actual cloth napkins, metal silverware, come on. I wore a nice Panama hat and once I got to the table, took it off.
There must have been 12-13 guys wearing caps in the house.
Including one guy wearing a wool, wine colored flat-cap that was gorgeous. Still you should have taken it off. And that color, that fabric, sorry, wrong season....But how a man should dress isn't really taught anymore.
I got to remember this is Southeast Texas.
- Finally there was already a commotion between the Buna Schools and a parent this past week.
I am debating whether to discuss it or wait until something else happens. I am really most upset about the parent's response to the event being taken down.
As most of you know, I am a First Amendment absolutist and wonder what happened? I am going to look at the entire event again in future days. ( This is a one man operation and often I have actual private and family business I must take care of in my life.)
Another "Lost Cause" and as I said above, " The only ones worth fighting for...."
And often you have to pick the hills you make a stand upon, or people stop listening.
But it gets tiring sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment