Ain't going to lie, spelling micromanagement this morning was a booger. Thank you Jesus I live in a time of spell-check. I mean this sincerely. Then again, I was in seminary before I could spell cemetery correctly. Dr. Penrose St. Amant who might have been the preeminent Baptist Church Historian. especially of the Early Church, during that time told us how he remembered.....Three " Es."
But I digress.
So, the story is there is a 10-10 rule at at least one of the schools in the Buna Schools.
Kids can't go to the bathroom 10 minutes after class starts and 10 minutes before the end of class.
And sorry, sometimes it takes more time to make it 5 minutes to make it to class, and if there is a bunch of people trying to "go" well, good luck making it on time to your next class.
I'm sorry, you may just have to fire me.
I don't know what is going on in a kid's stomach, his/her intestinal system. And knowing my system, sometimes I might get bad off too. I've left in the middle of a lecture and walk down, did my business, washed up, came back and picked up with the next sentence like nothing happened.
But, I had Seniors and could do that.
I know my when my son taught at university in China, it was a given, a little late to class, kids slip out of the back of the class and a few minutes reappear, well as hot as the food is over there, even after years of exposure to hot foods, well, sometimes you need to go.
With a stomach virus invariably going around a school at some point in the school year, I'm not going to stop a kid from going to a bathroom, or restroom, as schools have.
This is not a " Hill to die on."
It is a decision to be made by the classroom teacher.
Too much micromanagement.
It's just a little common sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment