Friday, August 7, 2026

Dadgum Buna....Dadgum.....

 I know there will always be apologists for the school district, heck, and I will get in trouble for this association, but there were and still are apologists for the Nazis in Germany and the Fascists of Mussolini's Italy here in 2026. 

One of these days, I am going to get up and say " enough" and write on economics or the Peasant's Revolt of 1391 against 14 year old King Richard II of England.  

Or something fun like 5 part blog(s) on the history of cooking a roux. I am still of the belief of cooking your own roux, not pour it out of a durn-burn jar.  

Or about the latest "trend." $100-120 hot dogs some with 24k edible gold flakes, mascarpone cheese, and Ossetra Caviar on a croissant.  Yeah, never had mascarpone cheese either.....I still like mine with chili, cheese, and onions....Or sauerkraut and dark brown mustard. 

-There are stories that already a teacher had resigned from Buna Schools. 

We have not even opened up the actual school year, and allegedly, people have already left. Ain't even seen a kid yet, and trust me, leadership is the reason why most people leave jobs and the school business is no different. 

As I had a principal tell the people who took over his old position at BHS. " Let the teachers take care of you, they will if you let them." 

And trust me, especially with the upperclassmen, we did.  

June, Tandy, Kay, Anton, Beverly, Larry several others those of you who went through Buna at that time, I do not think you know what kind of quality teachers BHS had during that time period.  I know, I taught at other districts and was amazed how the stars had aligned when I was there. It was part of the reason why I just stayed rather than go and teach AP classes in another high school. 

And the thing is, if you got out of the way at of the teachers at Buna High today, they could probably do the same thing. 

School has always been a political mess. I call it "mess," because it is.....I am going to reiterate this as long as I write a blog, schools are a taxing government entity, with elected officials and politics that rivals anything in Washington D.C.....You just don't recognize it. 

I am working on a story concerning why teachers are leaving the district, and if it is true, the Buna ISD School Board is allegedly failing to protect the teachers, students, parents, the school district in general. I am hoping it isn't true, but more and more the facts are disturbing. 

On August 14th, next Friday, my understanding is, school letter grades in Texas are to be made public at 12 Noon. I am hoping the district scores are better. Some of you think I'm hoping for for poor scores, you must remember I retired from Buna ISD, I want the district to look good. People have a short memory and will only look at recent scores. I don't want people to be asking me, " What kind of a wooden axle organization did you teach at? "  I don't want people to think I sucked as a teacher.  

I am sure good or bad, a blog will be written either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dadgum Buna....Dadgum.....

 I know there will always be apologists for the school district, heck, and I will get in trouble for this association, but there were and st...