Monday, August 10, 2026

"It Never Set In How Much Buna ISD Effected My Children"

 Shortly after I posted yesterday's blog, I received these messages-

"It never set in how much Buna ISD was negatively affecting my two daughters. 

Since they found out they were accepted into XYZ School District a couple weeks ago, completely different kids. My oldest child asked my spouse randomly, “Can we start eating at the table together again” because they missed it. We are busy-folks so we just eat on the go most of the time. 

This past weekend we went a school clothes shopping trip, which normally would have at some point 
turned into a knock down drag out(two teenagers ), and couldn’t have went better. We enjoyed 100% of our time together and no dragged out disagreements. We laughed more than we disagreed by a long shot."

  And I received more messages like this.

" I could not let my kids go back  to Buna. It literally has become us vs. them at the district. We are nobodies and the district let us know. "

Then, I received several notes from people confirming a comment concerning not having a " name" in the community. Many echoing this sentiment. 

"XYZ and ABC are right, even our kids know that they are 2nd-class citizens in Buna. Their kids are not in Buna school, and me, my parents and my kids all graduated from Buna HS. " 

" Mr. T, you are right, we have lost control of the school. " 

And this.....

" ......what are we paying taxes for? Abuse?"  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It Never Set In How Much Buna ISD Effected My Children"

 Shortly after I posted yesterday's blog, I received these messages- "It never set in how much Buna ISD was negatively affecting my...