Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Yeah Buna, Your Lazy A$$ Kid Could Have Too...But, Nepotism is Better?

 I got my butt kicked yesterday, and sometimes I need it too. 

Yeah,  I know, I started it, I need to finish it, or at least keep after it until I can no longer go. 

Let's upset some folks.

A candidate for the Texas Railroad Commission placed on his "X" or Twitter or whatever it is called this morning page a photo of University of Texas students celebrating Texas's victory over Ohio State in football this past Saturday evening. 

The picture had students wearing UT shirts, several of the kids wear cowboy hats. ( Sort of glad to see the cowboy hat come back. I have an Open Road Stetson hat in " silver belly" I need to start wearing once again in the Fall/Winter months. Look like a political consultant in Austin. )

All of the students were Asian.  

The candidate was implying that these kids were getting into Texas due to they being Asian. 

When asked, the kids had graduated from Texas high schools and were US Citizens. 

I know two kids who were/are in the same STEM ( Science Math Engineering Math )programs as these pictured kids. 

What were these kid's names? 

Hsu? Patel? Wang? 

No........Thomas. 

How'd they get into the STEM programs?

They worked their butts off. And both had jobs to help pay for expenses. 

They were studying when the kids griping about not getting into Texas were running around playing 12 hours worth of PS5....Smoking dope......Playing " Hide the hot  dog" with their boyfriend or girlfriend....And then gripe because the Asian kid had a 4.0 Grade Point Average and they had a 2.1 Barely a C average. 

But, so many of your kids take that C average, and hope their aunt or uncle or dad gets them a job with the school or business....

And we wonder why things like customer service sucks?

As one parent wrote me....

" I had to get my kids out of Buna ISD....It just isn't the same school academically like it was 15-25 years ago....." 

As one parent told me, it is going back to the old days of Buna Schools when the joke was......" All you need to do to graduate from Buna was to be able to say "TATER" and wave bye-bye....." 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah Buna, Your Lazy A$$ Kid Could Have Too...But, Nepotism is Better?

 I got my butt kicked yesterday, and sometimes I need it too.  Yeah,  I know, I started it, I need to finish it, or at least keep after it u...